Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our Holiday Portrait

I've been dreading this for a while. Not that I don't like to take photos of the family, I just don't like to when I'm in it. Taking a self-portrait requires skill. Taking a self-portrait with 2 small children requires a miracle. Somehow I got one. It wasn't as hateful as the traumatizing moments I recall in the past. I set up right next to the TV, so Riley was half occupied, I took 10 frames, hoping just one would be half decent or photoshop-able. And I got TWO! This one was my favorite.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Look for it in your mailbox soon. :)

6 comments:

nicole green said...

this is SO cute! you are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me - a fellow local photographer....I think your work is beautiful and I would have gladly shot your family photo so you weren't trying to get the shot yourself!! You are my hero for even attempting that!

jen

Anonymous said...

This pictures is so beautiful! What else would you expect with these beautys! Hope your holiday is wonderful! Merry Christmas & the Happiest of New Years.

Chelsea Hudson said...

shelby that is an awesome pic of you guys! wish my little girlie could have met yours! maybe someday! blessings to you!

Lin Hairfield said...

you look like your mother in the family picture!

Unknown said...

All I could do was just laugh the entire way through reading this blog post! That is exactly how I feel, and unless I want to dig up about a thousand bucks, I can just try and do it myself.

This year, we weren't even meaning to take some family pictures, it just kind of happened. That never happened to me before. Of course I was sweating by the end, but then when my little girl looked up at me and called me "super mommy" all the bad memories just melted away and have some fun pictures in result.

Love that you did this! Great image of you guys!!!
Cheerio
-Melissa E Earle